Plano dental implants – you have probably heard of them or been bombarded by ads for them by chain dental practices. But what are they exactly? Aren’t they just another one of the many forms of dental prosthetics? Not exactly.
Dental implants from Aduddell Dentistry in Plano are the epitome of natural-looking, feeling, and functioning tooth replacements.
What truly makes dental implants different is that, unlike prosthetics that sit on top of your gums, dental implants are fixed in your mouth so you never have to worry about slippage, pinching, or avoiding foods you love. What’s more, because the posts replace your tooth roots, your bone stays stimulated and bone loss is prevented.
How Dental Implants Work
Your dental implants from Aduddell Dentistry in Plano consist of several parts – a tiny titanium screw and an artificial replacement tooth or teeth.
The biocompatible titanium screw is surgically placed into your jawbone where it will integrate with the bone and act as a strong and stable foundation for your tooth replacements. After surgery, depending on the type of implant system you choose, it can take a little while for your post to heal into place. During that time, we will make sure you can still use your smile by supplying you with temporary tooth replacements.
Once healing is complete, a beautiful new tooth or teeth will be placed. The implant post and replacement tooth work together to essentially give you a brand new smile that feels and functions the way nature intended.
If you have been told you are not a candidate for dental implants because of bone loss or you want an implant in the future but can’t afford one now, take hope. Aduddell Dentistry’s highly trained and experienced doctors can boost and preserve your bone density with bone grafting and socket preservations. It’s like an insurance for your smile!
The Benefits of Dental Implants in Plano
Whether you have suffered through ill-fitting dentures for years and years or are new to missing teeth, our dental implants will make an immediate difference. Dental implants really can be life-changing!
Our Plano dental implants let you:
- Feel confident and attractive day or night
- Brush and floss as you would your own teeth
- Eat what you like – even crisp apples and corn on the cob
- Speak clearly without embarrassment
- Stay younger-looking longer
Properly placed implants in Plano balance your bite and allow your teeth, jaw, and muscles to function properly, offering superior comfort and function. Implants also preserve your jawbone by fusing to the bone and providing stability just as your natural tooth root did, while dentures and partials have often been shown to contribute to loss of bone.
Aduddell Dentistry Implant Methods and Choices
We probably have an implant solution for you! Ask us about:
- Single Tooth Implants – consisting of one crown and one post. These are an excellent choice if you need only replace one or two teeth.
- Implant-Retained Bridges – Just like a traditional bridge, these replace more than one tooth, but instead of being bonded to surrounding teeth, they are securely attached to an implant post.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – Offer incredible comfort and stability while also supporting your bone.
- All-on-4 – The most efficient and cost-effective way to achieve the support and security of implant-retained dentures. The dentures are placed on only four implant posts and let you experience immediate function.
We also use the Sirona CT Scanner for the ultimate in Plano implant placement accuracy and precision.